Friday 26 October 2012

Pumpkin Recipes

I love fall.
The crispness in the air, the gorgeous yellow and orange colours on the trees, the fashion.

How I have missed my tall boots and opaque tights.

I also love fall food. So homey and comforting and festive.
Who doesn't love a good gourd?

Martha loves gourds.

At the local market I found the cutest little pumpkins on for just one Euro and was inspired to try some new recipe inspirations out.

Coming back from Italy recently and really enjoying their risotto, I wanted to try a gluten-free, low-sodium, vegan pumpkin risotto - something healthy that my sister's who are celiac could try for a nice Christmas dish alternative.

I also wanted to make a baked good...something other than pumpkin pie.
I love banana bread and wanted to try a new spin on that, so I created a super moist Pumpkin Bread recipe I think you will all love because it is tasty and easy. Just like Martha.

Photos and recipes coming soon. So, until then - go out and get some gourds - I would love to hear what you cook up with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment