Monday 18 June 2012

The Stewart Score

I love Martha Stewart.
Her magazines and TV show hold treasured ideas, always leaving me wanting to redecorate, become a professional pastry chef and move to Tuscany so I can garden and can harvest my own buffalo mozzarella.

Martha is the biggest domestic influencer. Making baking, cooking, cleaning and home-life glamourous. Making domesticity intelligent.
Aspirational.
Creating a do-it-yourself empire while challenging your idea of what the good life is.

Building this empire not as a sex symbol, or the wife of someone famous, but as an admirable aesthetic adventuress who understands how to portray the ideal in easy-to-follow steps.
Delicious procedures with intriguing narrative and stunning photography.

When I bake, cook, garden or craft - I often think if Martha would be down with what I was doing? Trying to channel her ingenuity into my own domestic life, I have created the Stewart Score.

Based on three key principles and ranked out of two, this simple scoring system is as follows:

The STEWART SCORE:
Appearance: 1  2
Taste: 1  2 
Ease: 1  2

1= Not Worthy
2 = Its a Good Thing

My blog will rank each recipe I try. I would love to hear if you try something and have Martha-worthy results.

I hope you enjoy reading Martha Would be Proud!

                            This photo was taken at the Wired Business conference
                            in New York, April 2011. She sat in front of me. I may have
                            tried to smell her hair...but I got this (slightly blurry) picture
                            with her. She nailed it, like a total pro.




No comments:

Post a Comment