Friday 20 July 2012

Easy Healthy Roast Dukan Vegetables

Today is Friday. That means my favourite day of the week is tomorrow.
The Saturday food and organic market in my neighbourhood.
I get all my fresh vegetables, bread, eggs, cheese and herbs here.
That also means I have a lot of semi-sad looking leftover vegetables in my fridge I need to use up as I hate wasting food.

A friend of mine calls this 'creme du fridge'. I love that. Using what you have in your fridge to make a meal, no recipes required.



That is the inspiration of this super easy and healthy side dish.

What You'll Need:
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 Tbps grapeseed oil (or olive oil. I like grapeseed oil as I just watched this news story on olive oil and found out the Italian mafia is notorious for olive oil trafficking. No, for real!)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper...or something like that. I don't measure.
  • any Dukan friendly veggies you have kicking around
  • some of my favourite veggies, roasted are: 
  • cauliflower
  • eggplant
  • zucchini
  • tomato (as I can't stand them raw...too unpredictable)
  • carrots
  • onions
  • broccoli
  • NEVER cucumber. Cooked cucumbers are super gross.

What You'll Do:
  • pre-heat your oven to 180C
  • cover your baking tray with tinfoil
  • mix the oil, pressed garlic and pepper into a small container
  • rough chop all your veggies and place them into a sealed bag. You may want to use a large ziplock bag...of which there are none here in The Netherlands

  • pour in the oil mixture and shake the heck of of the bagged veggies
  • pour, evenly on your foiled pan
  • squeeze a little lemon juice over top for good measure
  • twist on another sprinkle of pepper
  • bake for 20-30 minutes (baking time will be dependent on the veggies you use. Heartier veggies, like cauliflower and broccoli take longer than say tomatoes)
  • that's it!

These go great as a side with my Polenta, Oatbran Chicken Nuggets!

The STEWART SCORE:
Appearance: 2
Taste: 2
Ease: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment